A VERY SPECIAL EVENT is going to take place at St. Patrick’s Church & Shrine Merlin on Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 1:30 p.m. It is the 75th Anniversary of its last Pilgrimage. In 1947, it travelled from Cape de la Madeleine, at Trois Riviere, Quebec to the Peace Fountain in Windsor, ON. This time it will be done in reverse. Dennis and Angelina Girard are in charge of this tour. They founded the “Mary Devotional Movement”.
The Marian Devotional Movement is visiting various dioceses in Canada in 2022 as it spearheads pilgrim statue tours of Our Lady of the Cape to provide opportunities for Canadians to venerate Canada’s National Madonna, to promote consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and to promote enrollment in the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary.
On May 15th, Pilgrims would be invited to the Shrine area on that day: (SCHEDULE)
1. Father Antony will greet Our Lady, the Girards and all the pilgrims
2. Dennis and Angelina Girard will give their talk on this special tour
3. A Rosary Procession will follow
4. The Crowning of the statue of “Our Lady of the Cape”
5. A recitation of the “Litany to Our Lady”
6. Consecration Prayer to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
7. Father Antony will bless the roses to be distributed to the pilgrims
8. Veneration of Our Lady
9. Handing out of the blessed Roses- One (1) per each family
10. Photo Opportunity
11. Final Blessing by Father Antony