Over the last weeks we have experienced a number of positive cases of Covid 19 in our area, with a significant increase in the numbers in the past few days. This is extremely concerning to us for the Church and Shrine. Fr. Antony, Fr. Sebastin and myself, Andy Van Zelst, had a lengthy discussion concerning this increase. We had planned on having a Mass outside in the Shrine on both August 15th, The Feast Day of the Assumption of Mary, and August 22nd, The Feast Day of the Queenship of Mary. Regretfully we have decided that the best course of action to protect everyone and keep everyone SAFE is to cancel both of these Masses.
As we celebrate today the 10th year of our existence in Merlin, Canada, first of all we Thank God for the manifold blessings that He showered upon the Rosarian community.
A MESSAGE FROM BISHOP FABBRO
At the weekly teleconference with the Episcopal Council, we discussed the extension of the COVID-19 lockdown. I direct the following be communicated to all people of the Diocese: Continuation of the Lockdown … our churches will remain closed at least until the end of June.